- Wydawnictwo: O'Reilly Media / Adobe Dev Library
- Data wydania: 18 kwietnia 2008
- Liczba stron: 208
- Mike Chambers
- Daniel Dura
- Kevin Hoyt
- Kevin Hoyt
- Dragos Georgita
Part of the Adobe Developer Library, this concise pocket guide explains:
- What Adobe AIR is, and the problems this runtime aims to solve
- How to set up your development environment
- Ways to perform an array of common tasks with this runtime
Mike Chambers has spent the last 8 years building applications that target the Flash runtime. During that time, he has worked with numerous technologies including Flash, Generator, .NET, Central, Flex, and Ajax. He is currently the senior product manager for developer relations for Apollo.
View Mike Chambers's full profile page.
Daniel Dura is a Platform Evangelist at Adobe focusing on Apollo and Flash. He is currently based in San Francisco, California.
Before joining Macromedia (which merged with Adobe in 2005) Daniel and his brother Josh founded Dura Media LLC, a Rich Internet Application development company based in Dallas, Texas. While at Adobe, he was a member of the Central and Flex teams, as well as a Product Manager for Developer Relations.
Daniel has have given presentations on Flash, Apollo, and Flex all over the world at user group meetings, conferences, and pretty much anywhere someone is willing to listen. Outside of his day job he enjoys general aviation and is well on his way to earning his Private Pilot license.
View Daniel Dura's full profile page.
Kevin Hoyt is a Platform Evangelist with Adobe Systems, Inc. who likes moving, breaking, blurring and jumping over the lines of conventional technology. He seeks out every opportunity to congregate with other like-minded developers, and exploring how to escape any lines that form a box. Pushing the envelope of what technology can do, and how people perceive and interact with it, is his passion.
View Kevin Hoyt's full profile page.
Dragos Georgita is an engineer in the Adobe AIR Team, leading a group that focuses on the Ajax support in the runtime.
View Dragos Georgita's full profile page.
Zawartość (spis treści):
Chapter 1 Introduction to Adobe AIR
- A Short History of Web Applications
- Problems with Delivering Applications via the Browser
- Introducing Adobe AIR
- Primary Adobe AIR Technologies
Chapter 2 Getting Started with Adobe AIR Development
- What Do You Need to Develop Adobe AIR Applications?
- Uninstalling Prerelease Versions of Adobe AIR
- Installing Adobe AIR
- Uninstalling Adobe AIR
- Setting Up the Adobe AIR SDK and Command-Line Tools
- Testing the Application
- Packaging and Deploying the AIR Application
- WebKit Within Adobe AIR
- AIR Implementation of Functionality
- Security Model
- Troubleshooting AIR Applications
Chapter 4 Adobe AIR Mini-Cookbook
- Application Deployment
- Application Chrome
- File API
- File Pickers
- Service and Server Monitoring
- Embedded Database
- Command-Line Arguments