ActionScriptProjects with Eclipse and Ant
Automating repetitive programming tasks is easier than many Flash/AS3 developers think. With the Ant build tool, the Eclipse IDE, and this concise guide, you can set up your own "ultimate development machine" to code, compile, debug, and deploy projects faster. You’ll also get started with versioning systems, such as Subversion and Git.
Create a consistent workflow for multiple machines, or even complete departments, with the help of extensive Ant code samples. If you want to work smarter and take your skills to a new level, this book will get you on the road to automation with Ant.
- Set up your Eclipsework environment with Eclipse plugins, including the FDT code editor and the Mylyn task manager
- Enable several developers to workon the same project simultaneously with a versioning system
- Walk through thebasics of Ant, anduse sample code tocreate your firstscript
- Compile and debugyour Ant build with FDT or the Flex SDK
- Apply Ant to mobile development for boththe Android Platformand iOS, using the Android SDK and Adobe Air