C#Database Basics. Moving from Visual Basic and VBA to C#
Working with data and databases in C# certainly can be daunting if you’re coming from VB6, VBA, or Access. With this hands-on guide, you’ll shorten the learning curve considerably as you master accessing, adding, updating, and deleting data with C# basic skills you need if you intend to program with this language.
No previous knowledge of C# is necessary. By following the examples in this book, you’ll learn how to tackle several database tasks in C#, such as working with SQL Server, building data entry forms, and using data in a web service. The book’s code samples will help you get started on your own projects.
- Create a Windows Forms application with a datagrid
- Connect to multiple data sources, including Access and SQL Server
- Add, edit, and update data in a database you choose and design
- Enable users to choose their data source at runtime
- Learn the roles of DataTable, DataView, BindingSource, Filters, and other objects
- Understand where variables are declared and how they impact the code
- Build a simple web service that connects to a database