- Wydawnictwo: O'Reilly Media
- Data wydania: 26 sierpnia 2008
- Liczba stron: 528
Ajax is no longer an experimental approach to website development, but the key to building browser-based applications that form the cornerstone of Web 2.0. Head First Ajax gives you an up-to-date perspective that lets you see exactly what you can do - and has been done - with Ajax. With it, you get a highly practical, in-depth, and mature view of what is now a mature development approach.
Head First Ajax covers:
- Making Ajax requests with XMLHTTPREQUEST objects
- The asynchronous application model
- The Document Object Model (DOM)
- Controlling the browser with the Browser Object Model
- XHTML Forms
- POST Requests
- XML Syntax and the XML DOM tree
- XML Requests & Responses
- JSON - an alternative to XML
- Ajax architecture & patterns
- The Prototype Library
The book also discusses the server-side implications of building Ajax applications, and uses a "black box" approach to server-side components.
Rebecca M. Riordan
With twenty years experience in the field, Rebecca M. Riordan has earned an international reputation for designing and implementing computer systems that are technically sound, reliable, and effectively meet her clients' needs. Her particular area of expertise is database design and she is a five year Access MVP. Rebecca has also authored several database books and served as a senior technical support engineer for Microsoft's database products. As a Microsoft employee in Australia, Rebecca was the Senior technical support engineer for Microsoft's database products.
View Rebecca M. Riordan's full profile page.