MacRubyThe Definitive Guide
Want to build native Mac OS X applications with a sleek, developer-friendly alternative to Objective-C? MacRuby is an ideal choice. This in-depth guide shows you how Apple’s implementation of Ruby gives you access to all the features available to Objective-C programmers. You’ll get clear, detailed explanations of MacRuby, including quick programming techniques such as prototyping.
Perfect for programmers at any level, this book is packed with code samples and complete project examples. If you use Ruby, you can tap your skills to take advantage of Interface Builder, Cocoa libraries, the Objective-C runtime, and more. If you’re a Cocoa developer, you’ll learn how to improve your productivity with MacRuby.
- Get up tospeed on Mac Ruby basics, including classes and methods
- Learn how touse Mac Ruby with Apple’s Xcode developer suite
- Delve into the primitive object classes and data types in Foundation Kit
- Build event-driven userinter faces with the AppKitframe work
- Handle relational object persistence with the Core Dataframework
- Use advanced Mac Ruby techniques, including concurrency and sandboxing
- Get examples for applications using Twitter and a location web service
- Embed Mac Ruby into existing Objective-C applications