Network Security Technologies and Solutions (CCIE Professional Development Series)
Network Security Technologies and Solutions is a comprehensive reference to the most cutting-edge security products and methodologies available to networking professionals today. This book helps you understand and implement current, state-of-the-art network security technologies to ensure secure communications throughout the network infrastructure.
With an easy-to-follow approach, this book serves as a central repository of security knowledge to help you implement end-to-end security solutions and provides a single source of knowledge covering the entire range of the Cisco network security portfolio. The book is divided into five parts mapping to Cisco security technologies and solutions: perimeter security, identity security and access management, data privacy, security monitoring, and security management. Together, all these elements enable dynamic links between customer security policy, user or host identity, and network infrastructures.
With this definitive reference, you can gain a greater understanding of the solutions available and learn how to build integrated, secure networks in today’s modern, heterogeneous networking environment. This book is an excellent resource for those seeking a comprehensive reference on mature and emerging security tactics and is also a great study guide for the CCIE Security exam.
“Yusuf’s extensive experience as a mentor and advisor in the security technology field has honed his ability to translate highly technical information into a straight-forward, easy-to-understand format. If you’re looking for a truly comprehensive guide to network security, this is the one! ”
–Steve Gordon, Vice President, Technical Services, Cisco
Yusuf Bhaiji, CCIE No. 9305 (R&S and Security), has been with Cisco for seven years and is currently the program manager for Cisco CCIE Security certification. He is also the CCIE Proctor in the Cisco Dubai Lab. Prior to this, he was technical lead for the Sydney TAC Security and VPN team at Cisco.
- Filter traffic with access lists and implement security features on switches
- Configure Cisco IOS router firewall features and deploy ASA and PIX Firewall appliances
- Understand attack vectors and apply Layer 2 and Layer 3 mitigation techniques
- Secure management access with AAA
- Secure access control using multifactor authentication technology
- Implement identity-based network access control
- Apply the latest wireless LAN security solutions
- Enforce security policy compliance with Cisco NAC
- Learn the basics of cryptography and implement IPsec VPNs, DMVPN, GET VPN, SSL VPN, and MPLS VPN technologies
- Monitor network activity and security incident response with network and host intrusion prevention, anomaly detection, and security monitoring and correlation
- Deploy security management solutions such as Cisco Security Manager, SDM, ADSM, PDM, and IDM
- Learn about regulatory compliance issues such as GLBA, HIPPA, and SOX
This book is part of the Cisco CCIE Professional Development Series from Cisco Press, which offers expert-level instruction on network design, deployment, and support methodologies to help networking professionals manage complex networks and prepare for CCIE exams.Pragniemy Państwa zapewnić, iż dokładamy wszelkich możliwych starań, by opisy książek i podręczników, zawarte na naszych stronach internetowych, zawierały bieżące i wiarygodne materiały. Może jednak, mimo naszych wysiłków, w opisy książek wkraść się przekłamanie z naszej strony niezamierzone. Nie może to stanowić powodu do roszczeń. O ile macie Państwo jakiekolwiek pytania lub wątpliwości - prosimy o kontakt z naszym ekspertem lub działem handlowym. Postaramy się odpowiedzieć na wszystkie Państwa pytania zanim podejmiecie Państwo decyzje o złożeniu zamówienia.