- Wydawnictwo: McGraw-Hill
- Data wydania: 20 stycznia 2010
- Liczba stron: 512
- Michael McLaughlin
- John Harper
Ramp Up Your PL/SQL Programming Skills
Master PL/SQL through the hands-on exercises, extensive examples, and real-world projects inside this Oracle Press guide. Filled with best practices, Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming Workbook covers all the latest features and enhancements of the language. Mastery checks at the end of each chapter reinforce the material covered, and sample code from the book is available for download. Even experienced Oracle professionals will benefit from this practical resource.
- Understand the Oracle development architecture and the mechanics of connections
- Work with data types, structures, blocks, cursors, and PL/SQL semantics
- Write, deploy, and use functions, procedures, and packages
- Manage transactions and more
- Use dynamic SQL statements in real-world applications
- Support online transaction processing and data warehousing applications with external tables
- Find syntax samples and best practices to solve problems
- Write, deploy, and use object types
For a complete list of Oracle Press titles, visit www.OraclePressBooks.com
Table of contents
Part I: PL/SQL Fundamentals; Chapter 1. Oracle Development Overview; Chapter 2. PL/SQL Basics; Chapter 3. Transaction Scope; Chapter 4. Error Management; Part II: PL/SQL Programming; Chapter 5. Functions; Chapter 6. Procedures; Chapter 7. Collections; Chapter 8. Packages; Chapter 9. Triggers; Chapter 10. Objects; Part III: PL/SQL Advanced Programming; Chapter 11. Dynamic SQL; Chapter 12. External Files; Part IV: Appendixes; Appendix A. Wrapping PL/SQL; Appendix B. PL/SQL Hierarchical Profiler; Appendix C. PL/Scope; Appendix D. PL/SQL Built-in Packages and Types; Appendix E. Mastery Check Answers; Index
Michael McLaughlin is a professor at Brigham Young University-Idaho in the Computer Information Technology Department of the Business and Communication School. He is the author of Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming and other titles.
John M. Harper is a database professional with 10 years of Oracle experience. He is currently a senior lead engineer at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.