- Wydawnictwo: McGraw-Hill
- Data wydania: 23 września 2009
- Liczba stron: 912
- Gregory Dess
- Alan Eisner
- G.T. (Tom) Lumpkin
Strategic Management: Text and Cases, Fifth Edition, by the prestigious authors Dess/Lumpkin/Eisner provide solid treatment of traditional topics in strategic management as well as thorough coverage of contemporary topics such as digital&internet strategies, innovation&corporate entrepreneurship, knowledge management, and intellectual assets. The text is rounded off by rich, relevant, and teachable cases.
This text’s accessible writing style and wealth of new and updated illustrations, which clarify the most difficult topics, make this text the best resource for your students.
The new case selections emphasize variety, currency, and familiar company names. The cases are up-to-date in terms of both financial data and strategic issues. This group of cases gives both instructors and students unparalleled quality and variety. Based on consistent reviewer feedback, these selections combine comprehensive and shorter length cases about well known companies.
Table of contents
Text:Part One: Strategic Analysis
Chapter 1 Strategic Management: Creating Competitive Advantages
Chapter 2 Analyzing the External Environment of the Firm
Chapter 3 Assessing the Internal Environment of the Firm
Chapter 4 Recognizing a Firm’s Intellectual Assets: Moving beyond a Firm’s Tangible ResourcesPart Two: Strategic Formulation
Chapter 5 Business-Level Strategy: Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantages
Chapter 6 Corporate-Level Strategy: Creating Value through Diversification
Chapter 7 International Strategy: Creating Value in Global Markets
Chapter 8 Entrepreneurial Strategy and Competitive DynamicsPart Three: Strategic Implementation
Chapter 9 Strategic Control and Corporate Governance
Chapter 10 Creating Effective Organizational Designs
Chapter 11 Strategic Leadership: Creating a Learning Organization and an Ethical Organization
Chapter 12 Managing Innovation and Fostering Corporate Entrepreneurship
Part Four: Case Analysis
Chapter 13 Analyzing Strategic Management CasesCases:
- Robin Hood
- Edward Marshall Boehm, Inc.
- The Skeleton in the Corporate Closet
- The Best-Laid Incentive Plans
- Growing for Broke
- Crown Cork and Seal in 1989
- Automation Consulting Services
- Enron: On the Side of the Angels
- American Red Cross
- United Way of America
- World Wrestling Entertainment
- Schoolhouse Lane Estates
- Samsung Electronics
- Lenovo’s Purchase of IBM’s PC Division
- The Casino Industry
- Mattel’s Misfit Toys
- Apple Inc.: Taking a Bite Out of the Competition
- Jamba Juice
- China’s Geely Automotive Holdings, Ltd.: Targeting the U.S. Market
- JetBlue Airlines: Will It Remain “Blue”?
- Southwest Airlines: Does “LUV” Last?
- Dippin’ Dots Ice Cream
- Keurig Coffee
- Weight Watchers International Inc.
- A Horror Show at the Cinemaplex?
- Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Reader’s Digest: For Whom and for How Much Longer?
- General Motors
- Nintendo’s Wii
- One Ford: The Shape of Ford Motor Company to Come?
- American International Group and the Bonus Fiasco
- eBay: Expanding into Asia
- Ann Taylor: Survival in Specialty Retail
- FreshDirect: Delivering the Goods?